Nobody likes a dirty shower, but cleaning it can be a daunting task. How do you get the soap scum and gunk off the walls and floor? How do you make sure that all of the nooks and crannies are clean? In this blog post, we will give you tips and tricks on how to clean your shower quickly and easily!
The number one best trick to keep your shower clean of all time
Immediately after showering, spray Windex over the wet surfaces including the door and taps. That’s it. Do not scrub, rinse or wipe off. Just keep the bottle in the bathroom and quickly spray it all down to prevent any scum build up.
How to clean a shower
Prevention is key when it comes to cleaning your shower (see above) but you’ll still need to put in some elbow grease to keep it really clean.
- Start by spraying the shower walls with cleaner and then let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it with a sponge.
- Clean the shower door or curtain. Use a glass cleaner or vinegar solution to clean the glass and make it shine. For a fabric shower curtain, throw it in the washing machine with a mild detergent.
- Move on to the floor of the shower. Always work top to bottom so that you’re not messing up the spots you already hit.
- Use a scrub brush or power washer to clean the floor. Be sure to rinse the floor well afterwards.
- The best way to get in between tiles and awkward corners is to use an old toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush in a mild soap or cleanser and scrub away at the dirt then rinse well afterwards.
- Throw out any empty soap and shampoo bottles and old razors.
How often to clean your shower
Once a week should be sufficient, but if you have a busy household or live in an area with hard water, you may need to clean it more often. Make it part of your regular cleaning routine by choosing one day of the week to focus on your bathroom.
Now that you know how to clean a shower, put these tips into practice and enjoy a sparkling clean bathroom!