Are you in charge of throwing a birthday party for your loved one? It can be a daunting task, but don’t worry – we’re here to help! In this blog post, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of everything you need to do to make the party a success. From sending out invitations to cleaning up afterwards, we have you covered!
3 weeks before
- Choose a party theme: Will it be a superhero party, a princess party, or something else entirely? Once you know the theme, you can start planning the rest of the party around it.
- Develop the invitation list: Make sure to include all of the special people in your loved one’s life.
- Send out invitations: Give guests plenty of time to RSVP
- Plan the menu: Decide what you will be serving at the party. Will there be a cake? Pizza? Chicken nuggets? All of the above? Consider that some of your guests may have dietary restrictions and will appreciate it a lot if you can accomodat them.
- Plan decorations: Will you be making your own or purchasing them?
- Plan games or activities: Games are always a fun addition to any party! Choose some that will be appropriate for the age group of your guests.
2 weeks before
- Make sure you have sufficient serving dishes and cookware: Make sure all plates, cups, and utensils are clean and ready to be used.
- Buy party supplies/make decorations: This includes things like streamers, balloons, tablecloths, and more.
- Buy non-perishable items: This includes things like paper towels, napkins, and plastic utensils.
- Create the music list: What kind of music will you be playing at the party? Make sure to have a good mix of fast and slow songs.
1 week before
- Clean the house in detail: You want your guests to feel comfortable when they arrive, so make sure the house is clean from top to bottom.
- Buy/order party food: Don’t leave it until the last minute or you might not be able to get everything you want.
- Stock the bar: If you’re serving alcohol, make sure you have enough for all of your guests.
1-3 days before
- Decorate the party area: Hang up streamers, set out the tablecloths, and put up any other decorations you may have. You don’t want to have to do everything in a big rush on the day.
- Set up furniture: If you need to move furniture around to make more space for dancing or games, now is the time to do it.
- Place serving pieces on table: Get everything ready so that you can just put the food out when it’s time to eat.
- Set up cleaning stations: Put out trash cans and designate an area for guests to put their used plates and cups. This will make cleaning up a lot easier on you at the end.
- Prepare food: If you can, make as much food as possible the day before so that you’re not rushed on the day of the party.
- Set up the bar: If you’re serving alcohol, make sure everything is in its place.
- Finish shopping: If you need to pick up any last-minute items, do it now.
The day of the party
- Do a final clean of the house: If there are any areas that need a little extra attention, take care of them now.
- Put out covered food: If you have any food that needs to stay warm or cold, make sure it’s in the right place.
- Set out games and activities: If you have planned any games or activities, make sure they’re all set up and ready to go.
- Charge cameras and phones: You’ll want to be able to capture all of the special moments at the party!
- Finish last minute cooking: Unfortunately some things can’t be done ahead of time.
- Buy extra ice: Make sure you have enough to keep everyone’s drinks cold.
- Greet guests: When the first guests arrive, make sure to greet them warmly. Now you can remove food covers and serve drinks.
Now it’s time to sit back and enjoy the festivities!